Kyle Busch was dealing with a sinus issue less than two weeks before his tragic death at the age of 41.
The legendary NASCAR driver requested medical attention in the waning moments at Watkins Glen International on May 10.
Busch asked over the radio for a doctor to meet him at his bus after the race.
“Can somebody try to find Bill Heisel? He’s the kindred doctor guy. Tell him I need him after the race, please,” Busch said.
“I’m gonna need a shot,” he added.
During the broadcast of the race, FOX Sports’ Mike Joy mentioned that Busch had been dealing with a “sinus cold” during the week.
On May 16, one day before he took the wheel in the All-Star Race last Sunday, Busch told reporters his illness was still lingering.
“I’m still not great,” he said when asked if he was feeling better. “The cough was pretty substantial last week.”
Early on Thursday, Busch was abruptly pulled from the Coca-Cola 600 field with what was described as a “severe illness resulting in hospitalization.”
Just hours later, the shocking news of his death came from NASCAR.
“We are saddened and heartbroken to share the news of the passing of Kyle Busch, a two-time Cup champion and one of our sport’s greatest and fiercest drivers. He was 41 years old,” the organization said in a statement. “We extend our deepest condolences to the Busch family, Richard Childress Racing and the entire motorsports community.”












