Aaron Donald likely won’t make a decision on coming out of retirement anytime soon.
Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay said Thursday he anticipates more workouts by the three-time Defensive Player before the team is given an answer.
That means the waiting game continues for Rams fans.
Donald has officially worked out for the team twice this month with the latest “tryout” transpiring over the weekend. The Rams are required to report the workout because of certain equipment used by Donald at the team facility, such as helmets and pads.
The 35-year-old announced his retirement after the 2023 season, saying he felt complete after 10 illustrious seasons in the NFL. But after the Rams traded for Myles Garrett, Donald expressed an interest in making a potential return to the team he called home for a decade.
Donald first admitted he was pondering coming out of retirement on “The Pat McAfee Show.” Since then, all signs have pointed to the defensive tackle seriously considering a comeback.
Donald was first spotted working out at the Rams’ Woodland Hills facility, fueling speculation that the rumors were true. But weeks have passed, and Donald still has not made a decision.
While football fans are anxious to discover whether the eight-time All-Pro will indeed return, Donald has been testing his body’s response and won’t rush the process.
“Here’s what I would say; we have a great dialogue,” McVay told the California Post’s Vincent Bonsignore last Saturday.
“It’s going to be on his timeline. When he feels good about having clarity, whether that is yes or whether that ends up being a no, we have had some tentative decisions behind the scenes.”
