The apparent season from hell seemingly continues for Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas.
The struggling former NFL Offensive Player in the Year is at the center of an alleged incident near his home where he was seen taken away by police in Kenner, Louisiana, witnesses told WDSU 6.
On Friday night, WDSU reported a “heavy police presence” was seen near Thomas’ home, and a man, identified as Luis Cifuentes, told the New Orleans-based outlet that Thomas threw a brick at his truck and pushed him.
Cifuentes, a project manager for a home that’s being built on the same street as Thomas’ told the outlet things had been brewing for a few weeks as the construction workers parked their vehicles on the road.
Thomas, Cifuentes said, threw two bricks at the truck on Friday night and also pushed the project manager over after the receiver realized he was being recorded with a cellphone.
WDSU reported that Thomas previously told Cifuentes that his truck would get a “brick or a bullet” if cars on the street weren’t moved.
The Saints, according to the outlet, “are aware of the incident and are gathering information.”
It’s unclear if Thomas is facing charges.
This incident comes just two weeks after fellow Saints wide receiver Chris Olave was allegedly arrested for speeding in a 35-mile-per-hour zone.
Kenner Police had released the bodycam footage from Olave’s encounter where the receiver said, “I play for the Saints, man,” which wasn’t met with a warm response.
Olave continued to play, even scoring a touchdown last week, finishing with six catches for 46 yards.
Thomas has 38 catches this season for 439 yards this season and just one touchdown.
The multiple-time first-team All-Pro receiver, who caught an NFL record 149 passes (for 1,725 yards and nine touchdowns) in 2019, hasn’t regained that form, totaling 94 catches for 1,048 yards and four touchdowns since, including missing the entire 2021 season because of injury.