Fired ABC News reporter Terry Moran accused his former network of “failing the American people” by caving to “corporate pressure” to avoid coverage of President Trump that could cause “a problem.”
Moran claimed the Disney-owned network – which paid $16 million in December to settle a defamation suit brought by Trump – is at the mercy of executives who are kowtowing to the administration.
“I think that the business that I was in for all those years — network news, corporate media, legacy media, whatever you want to call it — is failing the American people. And they have corporate pressure on them,” the veteran correspondent said on the “In Good Faith with Philip DeFranco” podcast Thursday.
“The facts in front of them are eluding their coverage. And I think that they are disserving the American people.”
Moran was booted by ABC News in June after the network accused him of having “blatantly breached” its objectivity standards when he called White House deputy chief of staff Stephen Miller a “world-class hater” in a social media rant.
“Look, Disney is a multi-kabillion dollar business, right? ABC News is a little tiny speck in that giant empire. The last thing that the head of Disney or anybody in these corporate offices wants is a problem with the president of the United States because somebody in the news division tweeted something,” he said.
Moran, who conducted a contentious interview with Trump in April — said that there is “frustration” among the ABC News correspondents, who he said have merely resorted to expressing their outrage through “tone” but that they cannot explicitly condemn Trump.
“That’s corporate pressure,” he concluded.
The Post reached out to ABC News and Disney for comment.
Last week, Trump took to Truth Social to blast ABC and NBC for pushing “fake news” coverage of him, calling for their broadcasting licenses to be revoked.
Trump attacked both outlets as “FAKE NEWS” and “two of the absolute worst and most biased networks anywhere in the world.”
Trump questioned why both entities aren’t “paying Millions of Dollars a year in LICENSE FEES.”
“They should lose their Licenses for their unfair coverage of Republicans and/or Conservatives, but at a minimum, they should pay up BIG for having the privilege of using the most valuable airwaves anywhere at anytime!!!” Trump wrote. “Crooked ‘journalism’ should not be rewarded, it should be terminated!!!”
Trump’s attack came on the heels of CBS parent company Paramount settling with Trump in his lawsuit against the company over a “60 Minutes” interview with former Vice President Kamala Harris over how it was edited.
ABC News agreed to settle over “This Week” anchor George Stephanopoulos’ repeated claim that Trump was convicted of rape.